10 Reasons To Choose Cotton As Your Patchwork Fabric
Cotton is one of the most commonly used fabrics for patchwork. It's easy to use, versatile and comes in a wide range of colors. Cotton is also widely available at craft shops or even your local grocery store. Cotton is very comfortable to wear, making it perfect to be worn by itself or over other clothing.
There are many benefits to choosing cotton as your patchwork fabric.
Here are ten reasons you should choose cotton:
1) Cotton can be dyed so it has an extremely wide color selection for any type of project you might have in mind. You can find anything from pastel colors to vibrant primaries.
2) There are many types of cotton fabrics including corduroy, muslin, flannel and twill. Each of these has a different texture and feel, so you can alter your project depending on what material feels best to you. For example, flannel is very soft and cozy making it great to use for comforters or bedding. Corduroy is thicker than many types of cotton fabric which makes it good for outerwear like jackets or pants.
3) Cotton fabrics maintain their shape, meaning they won't sag outwards over time like other fabrics might. This means that even after repeated washes, cotton will still retain its shape without effecting the quality of the garment (unless there's some sort of defect in the fabric).
4) Cotton is extremely durable; it can withstand decades of use without falling apart at the seams. Cotton garments are one of the most common clothing items, so you know it's a material that can last.
5) Washing cotton is easy - it doesn't absorb water much at all. This also makes ironing cotton an easy process because there isn't much to remove wrinkles from.
6) Unfinished cotton has no stretch, making it easier to cut or sew without worrying about fit issues later on. Cotton will not change shape over time like other fabrics might after being washed several times, which means sizing won't become an issue either way.
7) Cotton is light weight and breathable. If you live in a hot climate or work inside where air conditioning sets the mood, this will be great for you since you won't sweat as much as if you were wearing something heavier.
8) Cotton is easy to find anywhere that sells fabrics, even at your local grocery store or fabric store. You can also buy cotton online and have it shipped right to your doorstep without ever having to leave the comfort of your own home!
9) Cotton is very cost effective since you can purchase yards upon yards without breaking the bank. This makes cotton a great option for those trying to save money but still wanting a high quality project.
10) Cotton is washable and works well with many other types of fabrics including polyester and nylon. It also blends well into different projects because there are so many ways to use it no matter what type of design you're looking for.
Have a great day friends!